Tuesday 10 March 2015

Really simple.......................

a card made for a close friend who has just had the 'all clear' after a health scare.................................


a very simple concept as it was made very quickly...........................would it pass as a CAS card?


I am not good at having lots of white space on my cards - I love when I see others who create really 'paired' back cards but not something that I find easy..............................
 
this is probably the nearest I will get, but was tempted to carry on 'faffing' and only held back as I really didn't have time to make another if I made a mess of it..........................
 
can you tell that is the voice of experience!!!
 
I managed to find a really lovely verse that fitted our friendship so well, which is the beauty of making and personalising your own cards I guess...............................I love this crafting lark!!!!!

Ingredients used:-

SW Rambling Blossoms EF
CE Sentiment from the Celebrations Stamp Set
SW Refined Rectangular Frames
X-Cut Butterfly Stamps and matching dies
Cobalt & Aquamarine Archival Inks
Evergreen Bough DI
CE & SU Pearls
 
I hope everyone is keeping well and having some of the lovely weather that we were fortunate to have today and can also say thank you for the lovely comments on my post 'a little bit messy' I am so chuffed to receive such positive comments from people that I think are the most amazing crafters - I am humbled - Thank You so much!!
 
xxGailxx

7 comments:

  1. Gail a perfect CAS card. With a beautiful,sentiment. So glad your friends health scare didn't come to anything. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Gail, love the beautiful simplicity of it and that wonderful sentiment.
    Absolutely perfect for your friend. Glad all is well after her health scare.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Gail. I find CAS very difficult - I keep wanting to add flowers and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I think you have perfected the CAS look with this one.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail
    Glad to hear your friend is ok.
    Yes, I would say CAS as well as pretty, gorgeous and extremely thoughtful!
    I too wince if I'm faced with too much space and get the urge to fill gaps but sometimes we have to be brave so good on ya!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that your friend got the all clear. What a beautiful and special card for her! The frame and butterflies are so gorgeous and I love the touches of blue against the white - perfect!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete