Tuesday 13 January 2015

Christmas...................but not cards

............believe it or not I have only just finished these - I say finished, I'm sure I may still have a bit of a 'faff' with them, lol.....................

Now bear with me because when you see the first batch of piccys you may think I have lost the plot..........




 
the first stage..........................
 
 
bear with, bear with................
 




painted black - with a little bit of bronze paint to highlight.........................









 
inked and waxed to within an inch of their lifes!!....
 


 
and this is what they came from - Woodware Chippies - die cut chipboard shapes (sorry I should have rotated the photo before I uploaded it, but you get the idea)
 
It is a brilliant way of using up bits of embossed card and little embellishments that you may have laying around and it is very therapeutic..................
 
Hopefully these will be hanging on a twig tree next Christmas..............
 
Thanks for stopping by and leaving encouraging comments it is very much appreciated.
 
xxGailxx
 


PS I have had a few lovely comments from Pharmacy Michelle and I have tried to link back but don't think you have a blog - if you read this post and have time to comment let me know if you have a blog so I can drop by and have a look.

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Gail these are amazing. Absolutely brilliant, I love what you have done with then.
    Some of the shapes could be used as jewellery.
    I'm thinking "roses" a jump ring then on a chain ..... or a brooch pin on the back ooooo!! You have my mind racing.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Patricia, you have my mind racing too now - never thought of jewellery!! anyway you can make these now you are into 'messy' crafting - glad you arrived home safe after your adventure this morning xx Gail xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! These are fabulous!! Love the texture, the colors... Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail
    Blimey O'Reilly gal! These are amazing. To be honest, I love the look of them at every stage lol! How brill is your tree going to look at Christmas!
    Gail, I don't think Michelle has a blog.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, my jaw dropped when I got to the end of this post - I was not expecting that! They look absolutely amazing Gail. The metallic effect is gorgeous and I love all the different embellishments you've used.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely crafty project. Sorry-I don't have a blog & not sure I would have the time to keep one up to date. I admire everyone that does.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gail. Sorry I have not been able to be around for a while and comment on your beautiful makes. Love these "ornaments". Well done.

    ReplyDelete