Friday 5 December 2014

New home.........................

a quickie post like this card........................

Our son moved five weeks ago and I suddenly realised on the day he moved I hadn't made a card.........what a bad mum am I!!

anyway I think this is the quickest card I ever made - how did we ever manage without dies???



now because this was a quickie (in the crafty sense)!! I decided to use the Owl die as it is a bit of a double whammy for me.............

great for male cards and also the emblem of the one of the local football teams that both the OH and our son support..........................



if I had, had time I would have double layered the owl die cut - I normally do but unfortunately this card was very much made on the 'hoof' ....................or claw!!

 
 
computer generated sentiment to finish off.
 
 
Ingredients used:-
 
Die'Sire Tumbling Leaves Emboss Folder
Tattered Lace Owls Die
SB Fancy Framed Tags Two
Archival Coffee Ink Pad (swiped over the leafs to make them stand out)
 
 
Well another weekend is here - just cannot believe how quick these weeks are flying by - every week just seems to go faster and faster..............
 
just think in three weeks time it will be Boxing Day...................
 
sorry if that has scared you - it is scaring me a little as so much still to do...............
 
anyway I will away as I am out on my works Christmas meal this evening and it takes longer and longer to get ready these days - lol
 
Have a brilliant weekend, whatever you are doing.
 
xxGailxx
 
 
 




7 comments:

  1. What a great card!! Love the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Gail,
    Love it, that owl is so sweet but still good for a "man card"
    Beautiful embossing folder
    Have a fantastic weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Gail. Love the little owl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, this is a great new home card, that owl is so cute. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous, the embossed background looks stunning! I love the owl too, so beautiful. I have to agree with you about dies, I remember when I first started buying them and thinking they were such a luxury craft item - now they're a necessity! Thank you so much for your kind comments, they really make my day :) Hope you have a lovely week.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gail,
    Just popped in to say, I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gail
    So sorry, this one seems to have slipped through my net!
    Love the background. Looks like that leather effect.
    The Owls. . . . .is that one of the Sheffield teams? Or am I being a twit . . . . two! lol!
    Happy New Year.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete