Sunday 3 August 2014

I can show it now...............................

an Anniversary card for the other half...................





This has to be one of the easiest cards that I have ever made (oh alright then - maybe not as easy as when I used to put peel-offs onto cards)!!!........................

I know......................

...................................................those were the days!!



 
 
Anyhow - we have spent a night away at the coast to celebrate (Saturday) and got soaked through twice....................... 
 
but it didn't dampen our spirits and today has more than made up for it - it has been absolutely beautiful and we have done a very, very long walk and I now have a sore sole where I think the sand has rubbed - but 'hey-ho' it is a small price to pay for a fab weekend.
 
I hope you have all have all managed to see some of the sun this weekend.
 

Ingredients for this are barely worth listing but the sentiment stamp is LOTV and I used two stamps to follow on from each other ie I stuck them both to a clear mount and practice stamped until I was happy with how it looked.

Paper is from a 6x6 paper pack which has no name on it - the centre is cut out with SB Hearts Die and I did a bit of faux stitching around the edge to give some definition.

Like I say really simple but I am really pleased with how this turned out and a little different to the Kraft and Black cards I usually make for males.

xxGailxx

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Gail and your hubby........ Happy Anniversary and many more to come.
    Love your card, might just keep that idea in mind for one I will have to make in a couple of months for my hubby. Simple but Oh! So! Effective I love it, really like the colours and fantastic design.
    Have a great day and week ahead
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you both. Glad you had a good time away even if the weather wasn't kind. Love your card simple but very effective. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail
    Fancy sharing the same anniversary eh? Love your card. Less is definitely more. I think I probably went a bit ott with mine as I cant resist adding bits (will make a blog appearance soon).
    Good job your sole was the only place you got sand rubbing, even if it was your anniversary hahaha!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, my boss who is a doctor ok a pain consultant didn't think she was expecting, just thought she had put weight on, we don't know yet if she didn't know or for some reason kept it quit. She not a silly young 16year old, she is 34 with a 15 and 6 year olds. What I can gather the 15 year old isn't to happy. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, love the striking black and white colour scheme!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete