Thursday 17 April 2014

Happy Easter....................

to all my blog followers.

Also hello to Debs a new follower - thank you for taking the trouble to come and have a look at what I do and for adding yourself onto my (small) list of followers.

Well the weather here today has been a fair few degrees cooler than the last few days - even had to put the heating on for a short while to warm the house up this morning - yesterday I was sweltering and got two loads of washing dried on the line - not a chance of that today.

I only make one Easter card every year - for a friend who buys and sends Easter cards out.  Not something that I would normally do but I quite enjoy having to put my 'thinking cap' on to come up with a design that is appropriate for Easter............................

here is this years card...............




and a close up...................





I have to be honest and say that I 'winged' this a little as I had no idea what I was going to do, then I remembered that I have a Crafters Companion Occasions CD and found the Easter chick design so printed out on an A4 sheet of card and took it from there...........

The top layer of the 'Easter egg' is an off-cut left from the 50th card I made which I cut out with a Sizzix oval frame-lit die. I cut the next size up in yellow card from my stash.

The sentiment is a computer generated one which was cut out using a SB tag die, yellow pearly bling added from my stash.  The faux ribbon is made using a Stampin Up border punch.  I offset the border with yellow and white card to match the sentiment and 'egg' - Finished card is 6 x 6.

I hope you like.........................I was pretty pleased with it because when I started I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do.

xxGailxx




5 comments:

  1. Great Easter card Gail. Love the paper and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Gail,
    Great card, love what you have done.
    Love the papers and your wonderful design
    Have a great Easter Weekend
    Hugs

    Patricia x
    PS you still have not told us where you managed to get to on your break..........!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Patricia - believe or not I did reply to you on 11th April but I have just looked in my 'sent' box and realised that it has gone to 'no-reply blogger' how dim am I!!! I honestly thought that I had replied to you before the same way and had a response from you so not sure how to respond now - I think I have your e-mail address somewhere from when I bought the beaded pendant so I will do a search - I also responded to Hazel and Mrs Duck the same way so they won't have had the response either xx have a fab Easter weekend too xx

      Delete
  3. Gail if you have Patricia's e-mail, I will either get her to just forward on what you send her or I will get her to give my e-mail to you. I have done the same not thinking. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail
    Oh how I love those chicks. Great Easter card. I only do two Easter cards, one for Mr D and one for Nesta.
    Really intrigued as to where you've been now lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete