Sunday 2 February 2014

Just a quickie...................................

thought I would post this to show something a little different.........a little recycling that I did after being inspired from a project class I attended................................





......have you guessed what it is yet?




 
 
Okay.......
 
                 I will put you out of your misery......................
 
                                                                                                                                                   
 
It is a recycled Pringles carton..................dah-dah!!
 
 
Really easy to do but a bit messy!! - I am trying to get into more messy crafting but just don't like clearing up after......................!!!
 
I now keep my glue sticks in it for my hot glue gun - it is the perfect size, although I had no idea what I was going to do with it when I originally made it.

 
 
I used metallic foil which was cut to size and then embossed in a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I then covered it with black acrylic paint......this needless to say was the messy part........it was left to dry off slightly and then buffed up with dry kitchen paper until the desired finish........I stuck it to the carton with Cosmic Shimmer glue..........different I know but hope you like it.

xx Gail xx

3 comments:

  1. Great project, perfect for what you are going to use it for.
    I love doing things like that with the boys, although we just use papers rather than get too messy.............
    Have a great week ahead

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey Gail. . . . .very Heath Robinson. I would never had thought of doing this but it looks cool! Brilliant recycling.
    Have a great week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great up cycling/recycling Gail. The girls an I are planing to do this sort of thing over half term. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete