Thursday 28 November 2013

Still working hard - but here goes..........

This is a card I made for my other half last year - it went off on a tangent several times and ended up not as intended and I am still not 100% sure about it - but it is certainly different from what I had made previously or since.  TOH liked it so that's all that matters!!


I decided to use the map emboss folder for his card as we were away on holiday while it was his birthday so wanted to make it apt - this is where the problem started for me cos I didn't wanted to cover too much of the background and was a little stumped as to how to get a sentiment on there and keep the map relatively clear!!



This is what I came up with and this is what I am really not sure of - but as I say it is different - or for me it is!!


Ingredients are:-

The emboss folder is from Couture Creations
The border and corners are from Sue Wilsons lattice SB dies
Husband stamp is from Papermania
Birthday Wishes is an old wood mounted Stampendous stamp (I have had since the year dot)
Black pearls

I hope you are all keeping well out there - I think I am starting with cold and a 'throat' but there seems to be a lot of it going around and it is that time of year I suppose - so maybe I will have to dose myself up tonight and see how it goes.

Take care and I will try to not leave it so long next time to blog

xx Gail xx




3 comments:

  1. Oh! Gail I hope you manage to fight off anything that is hanging about you. Hot orange and some Paracetamol, Hazel`s "cure all" and it worked for me.

    I love your beautiful card and I am sure your OH will treasure it for ever.
    I have been asked after the New Year for "Men`s Cards at the Card Class. Might just take some inspiration from this if you don`t mind.
    Keep warm
    Hugs a plenty

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail
    Your card is great chuck, terrific for someone who likes travel.
    Hope you're cold doesn't get worse.
    Keep warm.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great mans card, I hope you don't get one of these bugs that's going as they seem to go on for ages, take care and keep warm. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete